Hey Im New! I Have A Few Q's

Stribers92

Hey Everyone.

I have just bought a Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4 on a 53' plate. Full service history ( very happy with that) for a bargain price with 6 months mot.

Im thinking of upgrading the exhaust but i'm not sure on which systems will be compatible compared to standard 1.8t's because of it being the 4x4 (exhaust may run differently). Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

My second question is regarding to a BOV or dump valve. I love to hear my turbo and would like to hear the BOV sound but I don't want it to be majorly loud and I dont want to be putting the EML light on as I have read happens with the golf 1.8t.

Thirdly is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for on this specific model now that its about 135k on the clock. (Timing-belt was done at 120k)

Other than that. Thanks for providing this wealth of information on these Forums and I look forward to getting involved.

Cheers

Ben Stribley

2003 Skoda Octavia 1.8T Elegance 4x4 

Hi Ben,

welcome to the forum.

you'd be better off if you ask the mods via the report button to move this to the ocyavia 1 section as you'll stand a better chance of receiving more advice there.

good luck.