G60 Flywheel And Vr6 Clutch , Quick Question

VRS Nick

The car is going to go in the garage next week to get everything fitted , gearbox , clutch , gearbox oil , top mounts , handbrake cables and full service . Ive got all the new bolts for the clutch and flywheel . The garage ask is this G60 flywheel and clutch a direct fitment or is there any other parts I need ? I said it is , I just want to make sure so I don't look a tool . Thanks

Yes. It will look different to your dmf set up. But it will all go together. So g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch and vr6 pressure plate. Standard release bearing. Flywheel bolts 6 of. Pressure plate bolts . Nothing else is required. The only way you will look a tool is if any of these parts have been supplied wrong.

Yep got same job last year, straight bolt on job, nothing else needed.

Decent piece of kit too at a good price.

FWIW I do remember being told to use specifically VAG gearbox oil (2 litres I think it was), but I don't know how important it was.

I did anyway because it was only a little more expensive.

Ive got the gearbox oil from skoda . They told me I need 1.6ltr to fill the gearbox so I needed to bottles at £6.92 each which is good i think . I got the clutch from carparts4less at £65 inc p&p which is a bargin !http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.8_1998/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641440660&1&4dc20e7c26e1b3243aaa0d655b48a0cf2fe0b48f&000069

Thanks guys ,I cant wait to get her back on the road ! The wife said I cant spend anymore money on her but im eyeing up an 10psi from bbt , 3"downpipe/decat , sytec fuel pump and bam injectors then back to r-tech for some more fine tunning

Edited by VRS Nick