2.0 Tfsi Bwa - Camshaft + Hpfp Worn.

Not a Skoda, but a Leon I have just purchased pretty cheap. I bought on the assumption it was a misfire at high revs, however, after stripping it down I found the following:

Worn Cam lobe for fuel pump -

FwsHP05.jpg

M7Vncrn.jpg

gRE4hKO.jpg

MMtL8Pp.jpg

z7fnN41.jpg

Snapped bottom guide of tensioner - 

4NCWJKO.jpg

bY9RzTg.jpg

Plastic seals broken for Cam Phaser/Variator (whatever its called!) - 

8e74lUy.jpg

nq3vXwU.jpg

Damned revision A cam - 

hffXKv9.jpg

And the car in question, along side my barge - 

MC7i1tt.jpg

The cam follower for the HPFP was fine, so had been replaced recently before the car was shifted on to some numpty (me). The tip of the HPFP has worn ever so slightly, I will get pics tomorrow - hoping someone can advise if OK to reuse, or will need replacing, or if parts can be sourced separately for the pump? 

And, what is known about the Phaser wheel thing, I understand roughly how it works, with oil being passed through the 3 different galleries, and the plastic seals there to separate them, but would it be safe to use Some similar sized Viton O-Rings?

Annddd, cheapest place to buy a new cam - I have read I can use the S3 cam, revised with hardened lobe for pump. But can it be bought anywhere other than VW/TPS?

Anyone been in the same boat?

Tony.

Had the same issue at work with an Audi A4 2.0 tfsi worn the high pressure fuel bucket and chewed into the cam shaft traced the fault the begin a failing oil pump gear drying the top end of head up! New oil pump and camshaft and bucket later all ok but that was mega ££££ begin main dealer etc!

Sadly I don't know of any spares going dude but as for using a S3 cam shaft that's the best way forward

Hope this helps

I thought all the BWA's came with Rev B cam? Only the early Gti's came with Rev A.

I'd just get the Rev B cam.

Will the S3 one fit? they have different compression ratios.

Oh and I'm sure I have some pump parts in the garage.

Edited by martziniuk

Had the same issue at work with an Audi A4 2.0 tfsi worn the high pressure fuel bucket and chewed into the cam shaft traced the fault the begin a failing oil pump gear drying the top end of head up! New oil pump and camshaft and bucket later all ok but that was mega ££££ begin main dealer etc!

Sadly I don't know of any spares going dude but as for using a S3 cam shaft that's the best way forward

Hope this helps

Did the engine run ok otherwise - What was the symptoms?

I thought all the BWA's came with Rev B cam? Only the early Gti's came with Rev A.

I'd just get the Rev B cam.

Will the S3 one fit? they have different compression ratios.

Oh and I'm sure I have some pump parts in the garage.

I think suffix J is the newest updated cam replacing the B, H is the S3 one. From what I've read it is fine to use, plenty of people have had no problems and they are all the same price.

I'll pm you now about the parts mate.

EDIT/ Tried to PM, your inbox is full I think?