Fitting Golf Mk4 Interior

mr2haz

Front seats are the easiest.

Remove seats.

strip into rear and base.

Remove cover and foam from base.

replace with foam and cover from golf seat.

rear of golf seat should bolt onto fabia metal work.

Rears need more work.

Remove rear foam from metal work replace with foam from golf.

replace cover from golf interior and realise none of the headrest holes match up.

try doing your own diy upholstery to fix problem or take to professional.

Rear base.

cut bottom of foam so fabia metal work fits and replace.

Their is a thread on it and I would suggest searching for it but the search function wasn't working for me earlier.

have a look in the fabia technical guide forum.

The effort is relative, if you have the time, some common sense and basic skill to do it, and a nice set, then like I felt was worth in my case, JDI

Then again if there is some nice other seats ready to go / for sale e.g. converted TT's and the hassle isn't worth it for you and not wanting to get handy with the tools then you could go that way ?

The seats themselves determine how bothered you are TBH

I ended up with spare seat covers for wifes Fabia 2 for £40 which were pretty decent and like new ( case they rip or someting) which also donated the seat bases framework for the Recaro project which was a steal really for how happy its made me about the car.

(and I'm not really a modder, just the basic stuff to "sort" the car and left the performance at BLT levels but felt this was well worth it IMO)

Compared to the gray things, its so different having seats that really are bespoke to your car/what you want

Also a fraction of the cost of the stupidly priced SE style leather seats, less than half price really.....

Edited by dominorising