Backlight on the clocks

Is there anyway to adjust the brightness of the lights on the instrument display? Having trouble seeing the dials during daytime driving. They light up no problem when side lights are switched on but cant drive around like that every day.

Have a 2011 Elegance with maxidot if that makes any difference. Thanks

Unless your car is special, I think most car's instruments are unilluminated until the exterior lights are switched on.

Maybe try eating more carrots!

Instrument lights not on unless main lights on (not just DRLs). I would prefer if instruments were always lit, not just the needles. Would also prefer a greater degree of dimming on all internal lights as even with minimum brightness selected on a dark night after driving for a while instruments lights, etc. are too bright for me.

Later models have addressed this issue.

There is a light sensor close to the dials that adjusts the instrument lights regardless of if the exterior lights are on or not.

Unfortunately this now causes another (more dangerous) issue on cars with DRL's (Day Time Running Lights).

It gets dark, or visibility is reduced. The driver see's the dials are illuminated (the sensor see's it's dark) and the driver can see his DRL's reflecting off the road / car in front so thinks they have thier dipped headlights on.

I see it every day round here, no rear lights, just DRL's and a nicely illuminated interior.

Give them a quick flash but they look at you stupid or give you the finger as they think you are trying to bully them to move over.

In the same way DRL's are compulsary then so should auto lights. The same sensor that makes the interior lights brighter should work together with the exterior light sensor and determine between them when the dipped headlights should be on. It is clear that some drivers don't have the intelligence to work it out for themselves.

Edited by silver1011