My vRS first oil change and...

Chaps.

Thought i would share this with you.

Dropped my vRS Tdi DSG into my local stealer yesterday for its first oil change, nothing odd about that, it's more the recall notices to be actioned at the same time.

1. Software update to overcome possible throttle hesitation.

And...

2. Replace all three steering column stalks!

Blimey. New ones far stiffer in their operation, feel a lot more solid which is nice.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I don't know.

To be honest I hadn't noticed anything relating to either recall.

Bear in mind that mine is a fairly early one (December 2013) so it might only apply to earlier cars.

• Like 1

Mine went in for service this week - New water pump ordered due to small crack.  Due to be fitted 2nd week in Dec.

Mine needed a new water/coolant pump.  They ended up taking two days over it as the pump when delivered didn't come with all the required seals and they didn't want to risk re-using the old ones - extra day was waiting for delivery of the new seal. I'm glad they were thorough but it was annoying not to get the car back when I wanted/needed it.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I don't know.

To be honest I hadn't noticed anything relating to either recall.

Bear in mind that mine is a fairly early one (December 2013) so it might only apply to earlier cars.

I had the same recall 3 months ago. Mine was also produced in Dec 13, but not a vRS..neither a TDI :)

I think the stalk with the cruise control was a bit twitchy, as well as the ccruise control button was elusive. Sometimes when wanting to set a certain speed, by pushing the cruise button the stalk was going up/down engaging the right/left indicator. Now it's fixed.

Did you notice a fault with the stalks prior to change?

No, no issues whatsoever with the stalks.

The software change has made her slightly sweeter to pick up from a standing start though. :)

• Like 1

I had my first oil change recently on my MY2015 VRS TDi DSG and the only rectification they did was to stick a vRS badge on the bottom spoke of my steering wheel!

Having said that, and this could just be due to the oil service, the car "feels" like it pulls better.

Anyone tempted with the Shark remap for the 184PS engine?