Smart mods for Fabia mk1 MPi.

Heko wind deflectors. I love the look of them on silver cars it brings a bit of contrast to the silver.

Do the grill surround and wing mirrors maybe tint the windows.

Their a few little bits and bobs you can do without spending a lot just don't over do it.

They are good ideas. Not fussed about alloys. I have seen some Passat trims that are nice.

Where would be the best place to get the dip wrap done?

Wouldn't mind getting the rear windows tinted but have idea on price for that..

How easy is the head unit to replace?

I have a tape deck in there at the moment... lol

cheers

You buy the carbon wrap as a sheet and do it yourself it doesn't cost much if you were close to me I'd let you have what I've got left over.

I got quoted about £100 to do the rear windows and back.

Head unit is easy go on Amazon or eBay and you can buy a kit, it has the keys facia surround and a loom I think. Put the two keys in the slots and pull the head unit out. Easy peezy.

If you like your music I would look at replacing the front door speakers as the originals are rubbish.

If you need help with that let me know.

Yeah the speakers are pretty poor. Ok ill have a look for the head unit kit and get that ordered.

Would a double din head unit be as easy and is there a kit for that too?

Does the Octy VRS interior stuff fit straight in?

Thanks.

Not sure about the double din but once you take the stereo out the little cuppy compartment bit underneath will pull out leaving you with a double din sized hole.

Not sure if it'll be any help but when I fitted my single din, I had to cut out some of the bracing due to there not being enough room behind.

No the octavia interior does require some modification I can go into detail but pastyboy has done a guide on here somewhere. I picked mine up for £125 in mint condition and imo in was worth every penny.

If you want a quick look you can go to the detailers section and find the thread called my first attempt a using a d/a, (shouldn't be too far down and you'll see my car) if you want better photos message me and I'll send you some when I get a chance.

Edited by theezenutz

Here's the stereo fitting kit http://www.amazon.co.uk/STEREO-FITTING-FASCIA-ADAPTOR-REMOVAL/dp/B003JIG0OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417539976&sr=8-1&keywords=fabia+stereo+kit

Double din fittinmg kit http://www.amazon.co.uk/XTRONS-Double-Surround-Fitting-Volkswagen/dp/B00NFH0G72/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1417539976&sr=8-16&keywords=fabia+stereo+kit

Carbon fibre wrap http://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Scotchcal-Black-Carbon-Fibre/dp/B00KNQWAW2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417540072&sr=8-4&keywords=carbon+wrap

Rear number plate LED lights http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E5VISXQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 I've fitted a couple of pairs which looked very nice but failed. The ones in the link have a heatsink on the back and so far they have stood the test of time.

So as you can see their is a multitude of things you can do just depends how far you want to go.

P.s. I'll get those photo's to you as soon as I can, may not be today though chap.

No, the originals are riveted into a plastic mounting adapter I got rid of that and brought 2 x mdf 6.5" speakers mounting rings. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pair-16-5-Speaker-Spacer-Rings/dp/B007K7XJIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417543338&sr=8-1&keywords=6.5%22+mdf+rings

Screw or bolt the two mounting rings to the door, then the speakers to the rings. Be careful of the depth of the speaker mine are 62mm any deeper than that and I doubt you'll be able to fit it.

Silly question - mdf speaker rings - was there a membrane on the old speaker? Just wondering on how waterproof they'd be - what with the notorious leaky door syndrome on the fabia - I've heard people mention fitting a membrane?

I'd personally colour code the door handles too!

Silly question - mdf speaker rings - was there a membrane on the old speaker? Just wondering on how waterproof they'd be - what with the notorious leaky door syndrome on the fabia - I've heard people mention fitting a membrane?

I'd personally colour code the door handles too!

No membrane on the old speaker the problem would be water getting on the back of the speaker the magnet and connector.

anything to protect the speaker is benificial but don't put plastic over it because that'll just cause vibration and noise, use closed cell foam or something like it.

Colour coding the handle is another option, I personally prefer them black and the wing mirrors but that's just personal preference.

Edited by theezenutz