Felicia gearbox parts

I'm putting a straight-cut, close-ratio gear kit in my felicia. The box I am using to house this is a bit old and of unknown provenance, so I'd like to refresh some of the other parts whilst it's being built up - bearings, synchro rings etc.

But, it turns out that all of these parts, which were available from the dealer a couple of years ago, have now been discontinued. I know they are still available in Czech, because I can find Czech parts websites that list them, but so far I've not had any luck in getting a reply from one of these sites when I've emailed them to enquire about shipping to the UK.

Can anyone recommend a UK-based contact for Skoda parts who might have some useful contacts in Czech and therefore be able to help out?

cheers

James

Yeah it's sad James, only 2 years ago some seemingly ordinary service parts were available but have been dropped from etka. It's stuff like electrical switches and mainly other bits which are unique to these cars, the numbers of them still left on the roads is dropping now, I remember the days when you could buy a Favorit for £50, and now alas you can't buy one at all, the felicia will go the same way within the next 5 or so years, they don't turn up as much in scrap yards anymore either whereas 5 years ago it was parts a plenty from breakers yards. I supposed vag ended up sticking all thier stock of 'unsellable' parts in landfill somewhere rather than paying to store it all.

As for uk suppliers, there's nobody out there as far as I know, jorily went belly up ages ago, nice little market out there for somebody wanting to give it a shot?

Indeed.  Even the numbers for sale on eBay are dwindling.

This place looks to have a pretty comprehensive range:

http://automeisner.cz/en/

But hasn't replied to my email, and appears to only accept Cash on Delivery if in Czech, or a bank transfer, but I can't see how to make the payment.

I have a Czech colleague at work - I might ask her to give them a ring for me.

The only solution is a trusty friend in Czech Republic to buy and ship parts. You can get any part from their shops or scrapyards. I don't know of any shortage. Everything I needed he sent me.