Skoda Octavia RS brake disc size?

Thank you fellas ! As you can see I am complete technical numpty ( although a decent driver - but then aren't we all ! ) Yes ,of course - FRONT discs ! New 18" alloys and tyres already ordered so hey-ho ! I understood VRS 17" was standard in some parts of Europe but maybe I thought they put different size brake discs on those.

How tight are your 17" wheels to those front brake discs then ?

Approx 5 mm clearance from balance weights and front brake calliper. Tyres are the same width as 18" at 225 mm but according to Continental fat is the new thin for driving in winter!

Edited by Black_Sheep

Thank you fellas ! As you can see I am complete technical numpty ( although a decent driver - but then aren't we all ! ) Yes ,of course - FRONT discs ! New 18" alloys and tyres already ordered so hey-ho ! I understood VRS 17" was standard in some parts of Europe but maybe I thought they put different size brake discs on those.

17" wheels for the vRS are both Skoda standard fit and European TUV approved.

The wheels they offer are quite narrow to allow fitment of standard snow chains with the minimum allowed clearance to the inner suspension.

I guess its too late now but there are several 17" winter wheels of different brands in this thread which fit when correct wheel balance weights are used:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296835-winters-on/page-8

I've got 17" Audi speedline wheels on my VRS. Had to use spacers to correct the offset, this resulted in the weights actually clearing the calipers with loads of room. Other wheels can be tight but most garages seem to use low profile weights now