Remap for Vrs octavia 2008

HJVrs

Hi there I have a 2008 octavia vrs and I'm looking to getting it remaped , it's standard at the moment it's done 58k just looking for little more power , now I have read that I need to upgrade coil Pack? , diverter valve ?

Any ideas which I need , and where from ?

Remap in Midlands area any idea's as who to use ?

What sort of power gains to see ?

Any help be great thanks

• Like 1

Shark Performance in Mansfield.

You don't need to change the DV or coils in advance. Just accept that the remap may encourage them to fail and budget for their replacement if they do.

I presume you are petrol tfsi or tsi, in which case you will see a claimed 250bhp from shark stage 1.

I really wouldn't bother changing it unless it is split and leaking boost.

However, you could try Awesome GTI.

Rev D oem I think is the current favourite. This is the upgraded piston type rather than diaphragm type.

How long have you had the car? If not from new then somebody may well have already changed it.

I really would just leave it as is, but that's just me...

How much is a Shark atm? With the discount, have a 2.0 tfsi, will have induction and decat 3" downpipe? Red coils and getting Rev D? Could I get more than 250 with fuel pump?

I ran my TFSi Octy on Shark stage 2+ software, autotech internals and a BCS tbe. I kept the original airbox and paper filter and the car ran like a dream. I got rid of the intake as it lost low end torque. I would go for the G revision dv as it seals better and it is the one RTech recommend due to the D one leaking from new and not creating a good seal.

So what kind of diverter valve will I need and where to buy it from ? Anyone has any ideas which to get or any links ?

GFB DV+.  ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GFB-Go-Fast-Bits-Dv-Blow-Off-Valve-For-Late-Model-VAG-Euro-Applications-T9-/151510195464?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2346b61d08

Well I've been today for the remap and the car made 243bhp and 300 lb torque it feels like a totally diffrent car ! He did say tho I need to get my evap valve sorted as it came up with a fault

Any ideas what this is ?