vRS TSi remap - rolling road or not?

I'm planning on taking advantage of the Shark xmas discount, and having a stage1 remap on my facelift vRS.

Question is:  should I have a 'before and after' rolling road done to check that I am getting close to the suggested increase?  Or just go for the remap, and let the drive home be the decide of how good the remap is?

Personally I would drive it to experience the difference. I had stage one (revo) on my tsi and it made a huge difference. Never put it on a rolling road as it drove really well and not into bragging about power figures. Rolling road is useful if you think there is an issue as it might help to identify the possible cause but power figures seem to vary so much depending where you go that I wouldn't bother.

I've never done a dyno on mine.  All that matters is the push in the back when I put my foot down.

If you're really keen then video your speedometer on some 2nd / 3rd / 4th gear acceleration runs before & after (you could also time them but the video is better IMO) and you can measure the before & after improvements of the in-gear acceleration.  I think my Bluefin gave me almost 20% improvement in one of the increments.

40-120 in 3rd gear. 40kmh is just off boost at just on 1500rpm (didn't really look).
Before: 10.99 / 10.92 / 10.96 - call it 10.95?
After : 8.82 / 8.80(det)/ 9.02 - call it 8.95?
~2 seconds/ 18% reduction

40-140 in 4th gear. 40kmh is way off boost at about 1000rpm
Before: 14.99 / 14.74
After : 13.79 / 13.48 / 13.72
Call it 1 second better? 6% improvement?

Remap and have fun on the way home it is then!

I'm not really bothered about the figures, just thought it might be useful for confirmation that it actually is faster, and not just my perception...

Is the general opinion tha the difference is enough to notice using the seat-of-the-pants dyno?

I thought Shark had a dyno?  I've been on the rolling road at their place.

If you're using an agent with a RR, I hope they will be doing proper boost logging before, during and after to check all OK.  The one thing I don't trust with generic remaps is boost control, or at least too spikey a boost figure.

Now, I'm having doubts again!  I'm going to an agent - they do have RR, but say that they only do a before/after at request (and extra cost).  The cost is not too much of an issue, but only if it is necessary - I'm not bothered about havign a bit of paper to say my car is fast!