My VRS has an odd engine noise

This is frustrating me now lol, i seem many posts about similar but no-one has ever got to the bottom of the issue.

I will have another try at explaining it and what I tried so far.

So when the engine gets up to temperature I notice a squeel / schreech noise this noise often gets a little louder and immediately back to a dull squeel. I doubt it's a belt and i'l explain why further down. I listed with the old screwdriver trick and the noise seemed more noticeable when place on the alternator. I spent £166 on a new on to find it wasn't that lol. 

It was then that i realise something else. When i pull up on the drive and its making the constant squeel / schreech I shut the engine off and then as soon as its off the noise continues for about 3 seconds. I say continues once the engine is off its sounds more like i loud chirp than a squeel and that to me rules out any belts or bearing as when i shut the engine off everything stops. The chirping gets quieter and quieter and is then replaced by a loud hiss which again gets quieter until gone

Maybe an experienced mechanic might  have known?

Anyway, has stored energy and  is releasing it when the engine is not rotating . So a vacuum circuit leaking (brake servo?) to produce a musical note or a bizarre fault involving multiple electrical failures and the alternator being motored by the battery?

Goodness knows. Good luck with the diy.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if its the same engine or not but I did some work on a friends seat leon cupra r and there was a little electric water pump situated just behind the radiator that used to run on for a short while after the engine was turned off to continue to circulate coolant. may be wrong but just a thought.