Third Rear Headrest

While available as a factory fitted item (currently £70) for both Rapid / Rapid Spaceback, can one be retrospectively added later?

Presumably if there were mounts / fixings within the middle seat upright, an incision in the seat fabric would be required (with a means to stop any subsequent fraying).

Just realised that for once I will have four passengers in the car over Christmas and noticed the additional headrest on a used car being sold on a local dealer's website. 

I can feel the mounting holes in the centre of the rear bench, but I would have thought that in order to retrofit, you would need to either replace the cloth covering on the large half of the upright split fold with the one designed for a centre headrest, or have your existing one modified to create holes (simply poking through not being viable as it will tear). you would also need to add the plastic collars to tidy things up and provide the catch for the notched height levels.

Either day - expensive, time consuming and very fiddly, but I would add not impossible.

I can feel the mounting holes in the centre of the rear bench, but I would have thought that in order to retrofit, you would need to either replace the cloth covering on the large half of the upright split fold with the one designed for a centre headrest, or have your existing one modified to create holes (simply poking through not being viable as it will tear). you would also need to add the plastic collars to tidy things up and provide the catch for the notched height levels.

Either day - expensive, time consuming and very fiddly, but I would add not impossible.

I could feel 'mounting holes' or something when inspecting the rear seat this morning - it was too late to do this last night when posting.

Contacted the dealer later in the day and it would appear that the whole back would need to replaced. Expensive to justify a headrest - a shame as I would have probably stumped up the cost for one. Of course I could also look to add the rear armrest (with even more cup holders) / load through function at the same time!