HELP please flywheel and clutch advice needed

Hi All

We have a skoda octavia 1.9d (ASV engine code) and its done 228,000 miles but is serviced etc regularly and is a great runner.

The clutch is working fine but making a lot of noise assuming dual mass clutch is already in it I want to replace it and have been told to buy a SACHS or LUK dual mass clutch and flywheel kit and been quoted £120 for fitting it.

Can anyone help advise me the best place to buy one at the best price and if I should buy SACHS or LUK.

I live in East Lancashire but am willing to travel within reason or order online any advice gratefully received as I would like to do it before the Xmas holidays next week. 

Thanks in advance.

Pretty much a permanent sale on at ECP these days. Carparts4less are usually a tad cheaper. Put your reg in & it'll show you parts for your car. Clutch kits aren't that expensive, It's the DMF that really puts the price up.

Pretty much a permanent sale on at ECP these days. Carparts4less are usually a tad cheaper. Put your reg in & it'll show you parts for your car. Clutch kits aren't that expensive, It's the DMF that really puts the price up.

Thanks for the advice will look at the other one too.

hi

I have a smf conversion for sale at the moment - only been on the car for a few months

Its a lightweight flywheel and admittedly, there was some chatter from the gearbox, but not to much.  Im after £100 for the lot + post but you will need to get new flywheel bolts.

kaz