What do you guys think of Saab 9-3 TTiD?

MCD

Well, I now own the above Saab. Collected tonight. Sad to see the Octavia go .. But loving the refined, well built feel of the Saab.

Time will tell, but i already feel special driving this new car! Will share more in due course!

Mike

Happy new car mate, looks very nice and well looked after. Be interested to hear how you settle into it, nice find though.

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys, went for it this morning, deal done! Collect on 4th January. They going to service, mot, cambelt and water pump, full track alignment set plate transfer all in the deal. (Basically all the things I did to skoda when I got it!) Very clean example.. Great spec, feels special!

41375C8C-9752-4D9E-B666-F138F9EB4DF8.png

Do you mind sharing the figures with us? I was looking at SAAB approved 9-3x 's and prices seem quite steep considering when sold new in 2010/11 they would have been very heavily discounted, Thanks.

Hi, no problem.

So, the Saab was up for a shade under £8000. My interest in it was, one owner, xenons, cream leather and I wanted the 18s. As well as wanting a TTid estate.

It's done 70k but is seriously immaculate, I'm fussy about my cars and this looked loved.

The Skoda I bought for £10k over 1 year ago, debt wise I owed £7.5k.

However, I had carried out cambelt major service on the skoda as well.

I managed to get the dealer to fit two tyres, cambelt and water pump, major service, tracking and alignment as well as plate transfer... On a straight swap for my 09 VRS tdi.

I'm happy with the deal.

Mike

• Like 1

Do you mind sharing the figures with us? I was looking at SAAB approved 9-3x 's and prices seem quite steep considering when sold new in 2010/11 they would have been very heavily discounted, Thanks.

If you are looking at them on auto trader my mates currently has his for sale, 42k 60 plate in White. they have held their value very well for some reason. I can vouch for it being a brilliant car in good nick.

Thanks but of two colours I will not have white is one. I just don't like it IMHO should have stayed in the 1980's with XR3i's. Wouldn't have black either. I quite like the look of it but impossible to keep clean and shows up the slightest scratches. 

Edit:

Says 31m from me here near Dumfries but I guess it may be Workington judging by the phone no.

Only 30m if I am swimming!!.

As you say looks nice. Even in white!

Edited by loskie
  • Like 1

Thanks but of two colours I will not have white is one. I just don't like it IMHO should have stayed in the 1980's with XR3i's. Wouldn't have black either. I quite like the look of it but impossible to keep clean and shows up the slightest scratches.

Edit:

Says 31m from me here near Dumfries but I guess it may be Workington judging by the phone no.

Only 30m if I am swimming!!.

As you say looks nice. Even in white!

It's in Cockermouth but yeah I agree white isn't my taste either, only benefit of it is that it's generally a hard paint so doesn't scratch as easy. I'd like grey if any colour.

Mines metallic black.... I have the same concerns over keeping clean and scratch free...

I will give it a good going over... Then there's a touch free hand wash near me who use something like snow foam, then jet wash... Always kept my polished cars alive!

Can vouch for the civilised package.. Premuium almost?

Considering I had 2 1.9cdti vectras before, both 16v 150s remapped to 200bhp. This saab TTid base on the feeling that's it's based on a vectra, same 1.9 engine... Well it's nothing like. It's built different, feels different... Sounds very different and goes different!

It's good to know you're happy with the car as a few of the previous posts suggested that the build quality wasn't up to much.  You'll have to keep updating this thread from time to time as I'm interested in Saabs and still keep an eye on their values, reliability and running costs. 

My experience is coming from 1 year and 25k miles in an 09 Octavia VRS.. With in my opinion shocking interior build quality!

Perhaps if I'd have come from Merc, or Audi is be saying different of the Saab?

Anyway.. Yes will update in due course, at the moment just very pleasantly alround impressed with a car i hadn't really considered before...

Have you been shopping for some polo neck sweaters and blue tinted shades to go with your new car?  :giggle:

Looks nice though, especially as an estate and aren't the seats meant to be the comfiest around?

Has it got the switch for turning off all instrument lighting apart from the speedo?

Yes!! How cool is that! Pressed it tonight.. All clocks bar speedo go off!

Mad as toast! Not sure what you need this for?

All sans have it, it's to reduce eye strain so you don't get as tired while driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, all good so far, loving the refinement and marked improvement in build quality over the Skoda. I'll be honest, steering is not as refined, but after 400miles, the issue is a distant memory... More than made up for by the huge pace... Keeps catching me off guard at motorway speeds!

It looks rather special too.. First car I've had in a long time I can't stop looking at!

D104ACD4-6175-480F-AFC0-C672825655AD.jpg

Edited by MCD
  • Like 1

Just to add, there are so many cool little features on the saabs, for example the key locationz follow me home lights, even the bank card holder near key and the pockets in the seats are very handy

I've not found the bank card holder yet? I love the false floor in the boot though, keep my polishes and detail gear with the car!

Not sure about remap? I know it would be impressive, but it's already very quick! I wouldn't want to put stress on the clutch, and have it smoking a bit. I like how everything is equally matched! I had my 1.9cdti vectra mapped to 190bhp/300lb... Didn't feel much different to this saab... If anything. Saab more refined!

My plans are to mint it up! It's been very well looked after, no dents or nicks (1 owner) and the most immaculate alloys you've ever seen! But the paint work is not my standard... Needs a dam good clay, and polish to remove odd surface marks.

I have discovered Hirsh accessories... Expensive and hard to come by... I love that! Puts me in mind of Irmscher stuff on the Vectra C!

But if I just kept it standard, it would be fine, already a pretty rare looking car!

A048356F-D37A-4CF4-8A91-AD4307E9AD04.jpg

Mike

Edited by MCD

Would appear I don't have a card holder in mine! Found image of what it looks like so at least I know!

I actually prefer it without, cleaner. But nice detail non the less!

My new best favorite, poking around under the bonnet, the cover caps on the back of the lights are huge and you can actually change bulbs, even xenon bulbs without taking the front of the car appart... Such a novelty!

Mike