Mirror covers

I too am thinking of replacing my white mirrors covers with these...

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-BLACK-mirror-shell-replacement-orig-Skoda-Autoas

no idea how to put these on though - are these pretty straight forward or is a complex process? I assume this doesn't void the warranty?

The instructions on ledperf for replacing the boarding light bulb shows how to remove. It's just one clip and bravery.

Move mirror glass all the way so it points into car. If you look behind the glass on the outside you can see a little clip to undo and they just pop right off. Clip will stand out as it's the same colour as the mirror cover.

You can see the white clip here
08867e54ededcf58194611f89eedf5a8.jpg

If you look at the bottom mirror in this picture you can see the clip that you're releasing on the far left side.  It's black in this picture as it's actually part of the mirror cover. (look at the letter E in the watermark and go straight down)

5E0072530B3.jpg

If you take it slow and have plenty of swigs of your beer, maybe 1 minute per side.  I've only had the car a week and replaced the lights in the mirrors with LEDs which involved taking far more of the mirror apart including removing the glass.  It still only took about 10 mins per side and that's because I went nice and slow in order to not break the new car.

Once you release the clip the cover just slides off towards the front of the car.  To refit just slide in the new cover and wait for the "click" as the clip engages.

The instructions on ledperf for replacing the boarding light bulb shows how to remove. It's just one clip and bravery.

Move mirror glass all the way so it points into car. If you look behind the glass on the outside you can see a little clip to undo and they just pop right off. Clip will stand out as it's the same colour as the mirror cover.

You can see the white clip here

08867e54ededcf58194611f89eedf5a8.jpg

If you look at the bottom mirror in this picture you can see the clip that you're releasing on the far left side.  It's black in this picture as it's actually part of the mirror cover. (look at the letter E in the watermark and go straight down)

5E0072530B3.jpg

Wow. I just used trim tools and mine popped off (I went from candy white to black magic pearl on a candy white estate.). Handy to know there is a "right" way of doing this.

IMG_20141213_115900.jpg