Just thought I'd pop in and say hi and ask questions...Sorry!

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello! I was a member a quite a few years ago when I owned a MK1 Octavia VRS.

Now I have got a 2010 Facelift VRS and am very happy with it.

I have already added the London Colour HID and wow what a difference! I've also had the windscreen replaced due to a crack so I took the opportunity to fit the rain sensor and automatic dimming rear view mirror. The rear view mirror works and I only have a couple of connections left to make on J519 (white and black connectors). Not looking forward to that as there doesn't appear to be much space there!

Luckily I managed to get the sensor, mirror and auto headlight switch from eBay and used the Kefatec Golf MK 5 loom.

I'm assuming I only need to tick the rain sensor option in VCDS, but I am unsure if anything else needs ticking to get automatic headlights and CH/LH fog lights operational?

I already have to parts to fit washer low level and some of the parts for headlight washers so that will be my next challenge, hopefully!

Thanks for any assistance.

Mark

Great car! You'll love it.

Can't help you with the more technical stuff but someone who can will be along soon for sure!

Welcome back to Briskoda!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the final connections made today and the wipers work perfectly.  The CH/LH via fog lights seem to be working as well (set to 10 seconds in Maxidot) via the light sensor.  It seems that auto lights might not be working although I need to test more tomorrow.  It looks like that even in the Auto position they are permanently on.  I have tested the sensor and can see the light values changing in VCDS so I'm hopeful its something silly. The magic purple cable on pin 2 was already installed so didn't have to pull another cable in, happy days!

I'll have to look closer tomorrow when hopefully it's not so cold!

The coding is as this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260601-activating-auto-coming-home-leaving-home-lights-a-walkthrough/

Mike, what is the setting for personalisation, is this purely for CH/LH or is it for auto headlights?

Welcome back!

You'll also need to set the CH/LH lights to personalisation rather than light sensor. It's on the next page from where you select/deleselect CH/LH lights themselves.

Thanks,

Mark

Scrap that, I've just been outside to do some further testing and everything works as it should.

Next up is retrofitting headlight washers and low washer bottle sensor.......

Think I might wait for it not to be so cold outside first though!