Vrs Sidelights

Mr j

This maybe a stupid question however my sidelights (the little blue ones don't work) is it because of the Drl's? There isn't zany errors on dash but seems strange both don't work ???

Do you mean the Dummy Blue Bulbs in the Headlights do not work.

They should not.

The Sidelights are the same lights as the Low DRL Unit on less bright.

They are the Parking Light as well when you leave them on.

Turn the light switch to Side Light of Sidelight & Headlights, Full or Dipped,

that is not Daytime Running Lights that are on.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Not really,

Skoda took a light unit they had and used it, turned out cheap part cars with expensive engines and gearboxes.

They even said they had Front Fog lights when they never had.

Maybe they should have had the Sidelight Bulb work where it was,

and then actually fit DRL's & Fog lights on the highest priced model and the one with the most performance.

• Like 2

Yep with you now first time I've noticed in 3 year [emoji16], it is the dummy blue ones just seems strange to have them if they serve no purpose

The same light unit is used in the Monte Carlo. That does utilise those blue bulbs as sidelights.

Saves on costs i guess.

The same light unit is used in the Monte Carlo. That does utilise those blue bulbs as sidelights.

Saves on costs i guess.

....and they have a separate unit for the DRL/fog light which work as they're designed to do.

OK so the blue bulbs in my car have wire and look like real bulbs, so they will never work then?

I like the DRL as sidelights but I would like the side lights to work as well (a bit top gear over the top lots of lights).

Could vagcom activate this as well.

Thanks. J

OK so the blue bulbs in my car have wire and look like real bulbs, so they will never work then?

I like the DRL as sidelights but I would like the side lights to work as well (a bit top gear over the top lots of lights).

Could vagcom activate this as well.

Thanks. J

Theres no wiring to them iirc

Mine have going to them at the back of the lights. I will look and see if the wires connected to anything tomorrow.

Pictures maybe possible.

yep, mine have a wire to the back of the unused "blue" one as well... (Just poped in to the forum to find out how to remove the bulb... looks simple in the instruction book!)

I tool some pics as well..

2697a9378974995.jpg

c940b4378975041.jpg

---EDIT---

Its a bit tricky to see from the picture... The top of the unit is on the right of the picture, in the wires shot, and the top of the unit is the left of the outside shot. (simple.. haha)

The two Brown-ish wires are going to the unused blue bulb.

and the Black connector cap is the back of the main, dipped bulb.

Edited by Brin