oil catch tank

SKYHAWK

I was going to pop to a fabricator to see if they can make me one up..... can't see it costing the earth :wonder:

that be great think there will be abit of interest i'll pay for yours if you get me 1 :)

7DC1E3AF-9EDC-4E3A-942A-46251A0DA823.jpg

Small L shaped bracket from Wickes about £1.99 does the job for me. just had to file it down a bit to get the bolt through.

If I mount it lower maybe also depends which catch can you get. Mines the Darkside Developments one.

DubDub - I have just purchased one of these from darkside to find it comes with very little info on fitting this item. What did you do regarding the outlet at the bottom of this catch tank. They said just blank it off or feed it back to sump. Just trying to find what other people have done with this..?

I got a meter of 25mm tubing from darkside. Ran a tube from the crankcase breather to the top inlet on the catch can, then another from the bottom outlet to the intake to keep a closed system.

7B75B9A1-EC25-4114-AB6C-945389E2832C.jpg

Do you mind me asking what you did with it though as if it's not blocked somehow then the oil will escape out the bottom.. I asked darkside and they gave no real clue as to what to do with it apart from block it somehow or make a feed back to the sump...

No mine came with nothing except the bubble wrap it was covered in. I'm a little disappointed in the purchase really as it came with nothing to fit it. Previous experience of purchasing modification items you used to get at least a general diagram, relevant fixings and clips and maybe even hose. All I received is a bare catch tank with no idea what to do with it where best to fix it and little knowledge of what needs to go where.. Basically buy it and get on with it.!

I've spoke to them over the phone already and to be honest not very helpful. When I originally spoke to them I asked for their advice so assumed I would have everything I needed. I should not have to keep going back to these guys asking what other bits I need etc.

I'm close to sending theirs back as seen another one that is cheaper and comes complete with hoses clips drain plugs and mounts etc..

This is how I would expect something to be sent

• Like 1