Guilty Suberb II newbie

SpyderBee

Hello all,

I'm less than a week off taking ownership of a 4 year old Skoda Superb II 2.0 TDI CR 140 SE Estate and my emotions are all over the place.

Having driven the same VW Passat for the last 15 years I felt it was time to get a newer car before I was hit with a high repair bill. The problem is the old Passat is still cruising along just fine and until the driver window ceased to work was doing everything you'd expect from a car. So driving out to look for a replacement and test driving other cars felt just a little bit ... unfaithful. It's like going out on a date with a younger woman and asking your wife if she wouldn't mind driving you there.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to driving the Superb. I've only known her for a 15 minute test drive and I can bearly remember what she looked like, but I was left an impression of classic elegance and quality beyond the price. If I can get half the years out of the Superb that the Passat gave me then I'll be a happy man.

I've already started browsing this forum and already I'm confused. VCDS? But I'm sure I'll get my head around it all in the next few weeks, with members help.

Hello SB  :hi:

I'm still looking after the B5 Passat I sold on three years ago, which hasn't missed a beat since leaving my ownership.  I thankfully can't remember why I sold it, which makes me feel marginally less stupid  :think:

Superb's are great though, so it's not like you're heading in the wrong direction.

Gaz