Digital Clock & Odometer Has Gone Blank

par

The 2 digital display parts for the clock & odometer on my daughters Fabia have went blank, will check the fuses when she gets home later but is there anything else this could be?

If its not a fuse I assume it will be a full set of dashboard clocks that will be needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but about 2 months ago and on the way back from the 40,000 mile service for my 2012 Roomster TDI 1.6 stopped over to run into a shop to buy something. As I pressed the button to lock on the central locking remote control, saw a traffic warden approaching so pressed open straight after, got in and drove away. Then noticed that the whole dot matrix display was partly frozen and partly blank. A little like when your PC freezes or something like that. I thought I would stop and call back to the garage to take it back in. Pulled over, stopped called and the line was busy, so decided to start driving back. Re-started and the display was woking again. Think that the quick lock-unlock was a little like re-starting a PC before it has had time to shut-down properly and hence the blank/frozen display. Never happened again since then.

Car is a 2002 model 1.4, doesnt have the matrix display just 2 small LCD panels which show the digital clock and record the mileage.

Headlights are standard so I suspect the unit has now failed due to age.

• 2 weeks later...