climate control help

Hi all,

Having some issues with my mk2 1.4 tdi 3. Last week started the car up as usual, constant clicking noise from what sounded like the engine bay, on inspection realised whenever the fans were on this clicking was happening and barely blowing any air from the vents so turned fans off and problem stopped. Before ive had chance to get booked into a garage or research the problem now climate control panel flashes 10-15 times on turnover and tapping is louder also on every journey consumption down as low as 39mpg (usually 47/50 compared to usual commute)

I have looked around other related topics and most common seems air con regas/split pipe. Any other ideas what this could be and how severe a problem it could be so I have some idea before taking it to a garage? Dont have a garage I know I can trust you see

Hi, I hope you don't have the issues I had with this. Usually it means you need a re-gas.

Mine started flashing after about 4 years in my now ex 57 Fabia 3 TDI 1.9. There is a way to get the error code from the air con unit, hold down the filter button on start-up I think.

Anyway I got the error code and got a garage to replace the part and re-gas it. 6 months later it had started flashing again. Took it to another garage and they fixed it by re-gasing it. A few months later it started flashing again but more intermittently. I gave up on it and exchanged the car after about 6 years for a Toyota Yaris after I started getting more problems (boot leak, exhaust warning, door not locking/opening). Bad decision maybe as I miss the power and seat comfort, but we live and learn. I may go back to a Fabia III in a few years, but they do look expensive.

Stu.