What is your best mpg in 1.4 TSI?

Hi

I generally do short commuter trips so unsure of my best mpg in this car.

I will be going on a long journey soon, approx. 1,500 miles in a short period and wondered what I would be likely to get as it will mainly be motorways. What speed should I do in this car to get the best mpg.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I often do a trip from Devon to Yorkshire and usually achieve an average of 45mpg.  Driving around locally with a mixture of town driving and dual carriageways I average around 40mpg.  I am always gentle on the accelerator and certainly don't drive like a boy racer.

I have found that the most economical speed is around 60mph, although that would be impractical on the motorway.

Edited by DevonDave

+1 for DevonDave.

I get around 45-47mpg per tankfull on trips that are mainly motorway with a few miles of local journeys either end. On a motorway I'll do around 70-75.  The standout mpg I've had was 51mpg on a Glasgow to Skye trip on A roads driving at 50-60mph.  So for the best mpg 50-60 mph is best.   As Dave says unless it's traffic free it isn't worth driving at less than the prevailing traffic speeds on motorways to try and save 4mpg or so.