Hello From New Fabia VRS Owner

Shedhead

Hello All!

Just wanted to say Hello.

My names Dan and I'm from Grimsby. I'm soon to be the proud owner of an 11 plate Fabia VRS as I pick her up on Saturday and I cannot wait!

Look forward to speaking to you all and even meeting a few of you on meets in the future!

It's the vally green colour. I was told its a limited edition as well and it has a sticker above the indicator lights?

I used to own a Leon FR so I'm kind of sticking to the VAG side of things. Was really impressed with the car on the test drive and the DSG gearbox was amazing.

Are there any common problems anyone can make me aware of? I've heard some models drink oil?

I'm afraid that is can of worms...... best to do a little search in the MK 2 Fabia forum. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/113-skoda-fabia-ii/

Word of warning, this is a Car forum and as such, any problems or issues are made to look worse than they actually are. Try not to succumb to the scare mongery.

In a nutshell - Yes, the 1.4TSI is prone to using oil. How much oil can vary from car to car, some use some, some use nothing at all and some just drink it. so it's important that you check your oil level when you pick it up to first see how much oil you have in it and then check again after a couple of hundred miles to see if she's used any. The owners hand book is very vague on how to use the dipstick, I would suggest checking the oil after the car has got nice and hot (A decent length journey of 15 miles or more) Turn it off, leave it for 10 mins to cool slightly and then check the dipstick.

My 11 plate car would use 1L of oil per 2-3k miles. The problem cars were using 1L of oil in 600 miles or less!

Most importantly, just enjoy it. a cracking little car I must say!