DPF Regeneration 1.6CR

The last time I met with people who have problems with DPF at relatively low engine mileage.

Some of the reasons why DPF clogged.

• Short trips
  • Incorrect / irregular maintenance
  • The quality of fuel
As one and very wrong method is remove DPF and decode from engine management. Don't even think about that option!!!  :thumbdown:

The second method is to use a fuel additive which helps to clear the DPF.

You can use active washers and detergents, which use is not always easy and successful.

Another good method is to Regeneration. Engine management is taking to itself after a certain time, but not always passive regeneration coincides with your trip. Cycle requires approx. 45 min. and sometimes is stopped by turning engine off. Therefore, many cars allows you to make Active Regeneration... so I did and I'm very happy with result.

Some screenshots of process:

before.png

inprog00.png

inprog01.png

inprog02.png

inprog04.png

inprog05.png

done.png

There are lots and lots of DPF related threads on here, all sparking healthy debate. It was wise to start a new thread rather than taking the other one off topic.

The arguments for and against DPF removal will continue to divide people, and I fear this is exactly where this thread is heading.

Whilst DPF removal on modern CR engines is far less likely as they are now much improved there are lots of people on here who have been at the wrong end of a DPF failure on the infamous PD170 engine.

I accept that it should be a last resort and discouraged, but in some circumstances I do sympathise and try to bite my tongue when the usual 'it's illegal', 'it'll fail the MOT', and 'you are killing my kids' lines come out etc. It has been done, quite often to death.