Spare Wheel

Bigredbus4468

My car (2 weeks old) came with a spare wheel kit as I took a pre-built car as I didn't want to wait . I am thinking that I may have preferred the compressor and sealant kit. Does the kit sit in a housing fitting where the spare wheel is?

Given that the spare wheels are £150 after market does anybody want to swap plus money my way?

Kevin

The trouble with seal kits is that sometimes the screw or nail punctures the side wall or edge of the tyre. Then the kit is useless. Happened to me and had to drive on the flat a long distance. The wheel survived though!

My car (2 weeks old) came with a spare wheel kit as I took a pre-built car as I didn't want to wait . I am thinking that I may have preferred the compressor and sealant kit. Does the kit sit in a housing fitting where the spare wheel is?

Yes its sits in the space where your spare wheel is ;)

I can`t see the logic in wanting to do away with what I would consider is the preferred option i.e spare wheel! most new car owners would dearly love a spare instead of gunk, I specified a spare when I bought my Citigo ( £50.00 ) it is nearly as quick to change a wheel as to use the `gunk` anyway, but if you want to go down that route, I would suggest buying an aftermarket compressor and tyre sealant from your local car spares shop ( total cost probably £30.00 ) and leave it in the boot along with the spare wheel! There is nothing really special about the Skoda VW tyre sealant anyway.

If I remove the spare wheel there will be nothing supporting the boot floor. I need the foamy liner thing to putt in its place irrespective of whose compressor and foam I use ;)

Another reason to keep the spare then.

A spare anytime over a can of sealant, which has a shortish use by date.

• Like 1