Rear Windscreen Wiper problem 2006 Ambiente 1.6

Hi,

While driving today I activated the rear windscreen wiper but it just moved once halfway. I activated it again but its not moving and seems stuck halfway. I can see the washer fluid coming out of the back but not going on to the rear windscreen. Maybe the halfway wiper position is blocking the fluid getting on to the screen.

Any advise?

I've just become the proud owner of a 2006 Mk2 Classic and the rear wiper is knackered on it as well. Like maverick54 said it seems to be a common fault, so much so that I don't see the point paying £75 for it to only fail again, I don't really use it that much anyway.

Ok so its a common fault and I can rule out its not fuse/relay/wiring etc?

What's the part called and how do I replace the part?

Once I replace it can I prevent the common problem happening again by spraying WD-40 or something?

Edited by very452001

It is possible to open up the motor, clean up the rust and corrosion and re-grease the internals. This has been known to bring the motor back to life in some cases.

I believe it is a rather fiddly and time consuming task though.

Did the same thing on my Astra Estate. They to had a habit of the spindle locking up due to rust. Took quite a bit to knock out the shaft then clean it and grease it up. Worked for years after tho with no trouble at all.

Got be worth a shot looking at the cost.

Very common issue on the Octavia, especially with the hatchback version. Main problem is the washer pipe that goes straight through the middle of the motor. I think I'm on number 3 or 4 now.........

The rear wiper is NOT an MOT testable item, so no worries there.

It's an easy enough job to replace, just remove the wiper arm, then the trim on the inside of the hatchback. Unplug the motor and washer pipe, and remove the 3 10mm bolts to remove the motor and replace. Biggest bugbear is replacing the hatchback trim -- do a search and there are plenty of threads on here about how the trim comes off and goes back on. Because of the angle of the open hatchback, you will find it far, far easier to replace if the hatchback is held in a nearly closed position when replacing the trim. It's easier to line up the trim and push home horizontally, than vertically upwards working high above your head.

Don;t bother trying to get a second hand motor -- that's why I've gone through so many. Just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Mike

Understood, Cheers.

Anyone know which rear wiper blade is recommended as I was thinking of buying a new one and also how do I service the rear wiper without opening the interior trim? Is it possible to open up the black plastic wiper cover and just spray wd-40 into the metal to prolong it?