LSD choice...

alex_e3

Personally I would base my choice on what I'm using the car for.

The Quaife/Peloquin (I'd probably go for the former) is cheaper.

The Wavetrac costs more.

However, the Quaife needs a little traction to work because it's a force multiplier (0 times anything is still 0) and the Wavetrac doesn't.

So if you are going to be waggling a wheel in the air then you need the Wavetrac.

On the road I doubt you'll see any real difference.

On a track day where you might run a kerb and get a little air the Wavetrac will give a slight traction advantage.

I've had both and can hardly tell any difference.

But the Wavetrac was noticably more expensive.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 4

Hmmm... Chip... now there's a username I vaguely remember causing some carnage on another forum...!!

It's all forgotten as far as I'm concerned now anyhow Matt :thumbup:

Cheers for the advice guys.

I think that after reading all this I can't really justify a Wavetrac. A Peloquin or Quaife it will be then :)

Matt, do you have a link for this TRW please? Can't find a link off Google...   I'd definitely be interested in one that has a further 20% off!!

Chip cause carnage never LMAO! known the guys for years now and he has some very very good contacts and is a very knowledgable guy, just his delivery of info sometime offends folk

got the link wrong but kind person above has posted the correct link its worth ringing them up and my mate got his ex vat including diff bolts for less than £600, he works in his dads garage so he gets to claim the VAT back and the diff bearing are £30 each off TPS, i think he is also fitting the uprated gear forks at the same time

quaife every time the peloquin is just a cheap copy

presuming you've got proof to back that up?

Or is just as usaul and whatever you have is better? :)

I had to Google the Peloquin, and it uses the same "force multiplier"/transfer methods as the Quaife ATB. Quaife were first to market with this technology and held a now expired patent on it. I'm not saying which is "better", but the Peloquin must be a copy of the Quaife.