Drivers central locking fault

Hi there, I have done some trawling of the forum and it appears to be a common problem!

I have a Mk1 Octavia VRS (2004) hatch, a few weeks ago the drivers door lock started firing off the remote intermittently needing a second press then stopped altogether. I am down to using the key.

The interior light, puddle (lower door) and door sensor indicating doors open and closed work fine. The mirror adjustment and heated mirror for the right side doesn't work.

Am I right in thinking if the lights and door sensor work I can rule out the door lock microswitch?

I have had the door card off, cleaned up the connector to the main control unit with contact cleaner and could not see anything obvious. I have visually checked the wires as best I can through the door to the A pillar. However I suspect the multiplug into the control unit may be at fault as it will not connect back on properly...it is as though one of the pins isn't going into the multiplug.

Is it likely to be this set of wires, which could be replaced as a complete loom, or more likely the control unit? Or does anybody know if there is a motor to consider? Before I took the door card off I could not hear anything trying to activate in the drivers lock.

My next step is a multimeter on it...it is infuriating!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Get on the multimeter and try vcds, a code may have been logged for a fault somewhere. You can probably rule out microswitch but keep the lock mech in mind. It sounds like module or loom. Bare in mind breaks and fatigue in the wires may not be visible. The window regulator can rub at some points as well. Modules are expensive, there's the occasional used loom kicking around, but do more checking before you start spending megabucks.

Oh and putting the plug back in is a bit by bit job as the lock slides down, it can feel like it's stuck or not going in sometimes just don't force it. If it looks ok, it should go in ok. Are you sure there's no pins missing and one isn't stuck in the female socket?

Double check main connection plug and socket again. Look at the pin and socket in the middle row at the lowest end of both parts of the connector. This carries the 12 V to everything and the first connection to corrode away.