Service Prices - Help Needed!

Hi,

My 56 vRS TFSi needs a full service, cambelt etc. I've called some garages and am waiting for quotes back but all are taking too long, in the mean time can anyone tell me what sort of price to expect for this job?

It's on 73k, so it's a big service. I'm feeling a little uncomfortable to be honest and not looking forward to how much it might be! 

Thanks

Are you sure about Cam-belt? 73k miles sounds to early for me... All other job can and must be done in 3hrs.

So, 3hrs of labor + used parts. I presume DSG oil change kit (if you have DSG)  and Engine oil kit with all filters,maybe Ribbed belt also. 

The cambelt hasn't been changed in 5 years, I was under the impression that regardless of mileage it should be done after 4 years so I thought it was well overdue. Not sure where I got that info from though. 

My concern is that I could be looking at a bill in excess of £500. How would I check whether the belt needs changing?

If the cambelt hasn't been changed in 5 years I would get it done. You are correct about the 4 years, but upto you if you take the chance on not getting it replaced. It may not need doing, but there's always the risk...

• Like 1

Skoda UK recommend the cambelt is changed every fours years or five years on cars supplied after September 2010.

Skoda's national pricing policy, this should be the max you pay (click the servicing and maintenance tabs)...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing