Skoda Superb drivers wing

Hello again guys my vehicle 2006 superb 1.9tdi.Does anyone know if a 2007 wing would fit.My model has side repeater on wing,the 2007 has indicator on wing mirror and a Skoda motif on wing.does the Skoda motif just pop out accommodating side repeater or is it different?ta in advance.

Edited by mrblister

I can confirm that the 2007 model has in place of the former side repeater of the 2006 model a small "Superb" badge to replace it, since the repeater was integrated into the mirror in 2007. As long as they did this, the wings should be the same.

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Yeah but it's a motif hole, not a repeater hole.  You'll have to decide whether to declare it as a mod to your insurers, and suffer the ignominy of knowing that you're using a hole for something which was not its original purpose, oo-err Matron  :D

Gaz

The original purpose of the cut-out was to host the repeater (2006 model). In 2007 they decided to change the repeater location and integrate it into the side window, plugging the remaining hole with an aluminium cap (badge, motif, whatever) having "Superb" written on it.

As I understand, @mrblister would like to install a 2007 wing on a 2006 car, which would not imply in fact any mods...as it is exactly the same wing.

I would rather worry about the paint job and all the plastics fittings of the wheel plastic arch...

Edited by iob

Sorry, I was just being a sarcastic knob about the somewhat farcical things we have to declare to our insurers - and clearly missed the mark nicely  :notme:  :blush:

I appreciate the wings are identical and it's of no consequence.

Coat on....walk of shame commences.

Gaz

No worries m8, no harm done here. I have the 2007 model and I just wanted to let mrblister know that is possible for him to switch to it if he gets a good deal.

On a side note, I totally agree with you regarding the insurance companies, they will go to extreme lengths to reject payments for damages, I have an example with a close friend of mine who was rejected for a bumper paint job due to cat/dog scratches, as they were excepted somewhere in the general terms of the policy (written with size 6 on page 7, easy to miss) [emoji49] [emoji15]

His mistake was to declare the potential type of the animal, as they have included the common ones.

I was laughing with him that it would have been better to declare that it was a lion escaped from the Zoo...

Ta for all the replies guys(nowt wrong wi' a bit of humour)I got the wing for £30.00 same colour, not a mark on it,MOTIF pops out side repeater pops in.  

Edited by mrblister
  • Like 2