Lumpy idle and juddering from low revs

Rather than resurrect the dead (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/273037-vrs-20t-fsi-stuttering-at-idle-and-on-acceleration-up-to-2000-rpm/) I thought a new thread would be best...

I have exactly the same issues as are listed here, the only thing is that my vRS has only just passed 50k... So it really shouldn't have enough miles to get coked up? Both of my previous cars (MG ZR and ZS 180) had similar issues which were never properly resolved as I obviously didn't know where to look.

I've just replaced the spark plugs which has helped a little, but the issue is still there. MPG has dropped about 3-4mpg over the last 10-12k miles as well.

Seeing as others have had similar issues, I'd like to know what I need to look at first, myself, before spending a fortune at a garage.

Thanks in advance.

I had similar issues with mpg, idle and revs between 1500 and 2500rpm. After checking various parts, I used a borescope to check internally and it had severe coking of the inlet areas. Everything was cleaned etc and the issues disappeared.