Coil Spring faults

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice/knowledge/opinions about Fabia coil springs.

I had my front nearside coil snap a couple of years ago when my car was 3½ (outside warranty) and had only done 17500 miles and the front offside has just gone and I'm only at ~23k miles and just over 5 years. Most of those miles have been done on my own carefully around town with occasional motorway trips.

Does that sound like a normal timescale? Is this something that commonly goes wrong on Fabia's? The Skoda dealership paid 75% the first time round. Should I be demandimg they do the same this time?

Thoughts welcome

Did you get a new pair on the first time?   you should have done both sides.

Does careful around town include Speeds Humps and Potholes because even carefully springs can break.

You can only ask about getting any money off, but i would doubt it at over 5 years old.

Since you paid some of the cost first time, ie 25%

the springs really were under a 2 year Warranty.

You want the suspension properly checked now.

? Is it a Diesel ? ie Heavier.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Well that was not such a good idea,

and no surprise that the other side has gone now.

They often say they can only fix what is broken, etc etc. 'We only get Warranty to Replace 1.',  Then they ripped you off for 25%.

But seldom do they only replace one spring on their own cars,

Yeah, that's what happened. I would've liked both done but the Skoda dealer was just too expensive and I assumed that any issues would be spotted at MOT/service. Oh well time to start ringing garages! Thanks for your input.