has anyone backed up photos using google +?

mikejay

i have backed up all my photos on google+ on my phone. it seams to have worked well on my phone but on the laptop only half the pics are showing up? any ideas why?

Are you looking at "All Photos"  at the top of the page on your laptop when you look at Google+. Mine defaults to "Highlights" and catches me out - makes me think new photos haven't synced.

Yeah i have looked under all photos. It just shows about 10% of the pics i have on my phone even though it says they have uploaded. They do show up though on google+ on my phone. New photos i take upload easy enough. Only way i can do it is to manually upload them to drive but this will take forever.

It does sometimes take a while if you upload a lot in one go. If the cloud in photos is blue with a tick, and above it it says up to date, then they should all be there.

If you upload via Wifi, should start showing 10-20 Minutes after upload.

It's misleading as space on your drive is used, but you can't physically see them via drive.

There's also an option in the Samsung gallery for backing up to Google+. Make sure the photos option is ticked under Google sync settings.

• Like 1

Not yet. Not had chance have a propper look with bein at work. Had a thought though, the pics that are on my phone but are on memory card wont upload to it would they? I can only get on my laptop tomorrow night to see if its still not worked. Like i said google + on my phone is sayin everythin is uploaded but laptop is sayin differently? Im so very confused?? Lol. Ill let ya all know when i get chance have another proper look. ThNks for all the help so far and no doubt ill be pickin your brains again over next few days lol

You can choose which folders are automatically backed up, so that shouldn't be an issue. Although I've only used the service on a phone with built-in memory and not an external card.

• 2 weeks later...

occasionally it misses a few of my pictures off 

its set to 

wifi only 

when charging only 

once i week i go to settings in photos and select autoback up 

then select back up all 

it usually pulls any stragglers through usually pictures people have sent and i have saved media 

• Like 1