North East Remap?

Rosindale

After many months of searching I finally bought a mk2 octavia vrs tfsi from Redboy on here. I didn't expect to buy it as ive never had a red car but here we are now and what a car =D

As I have now sold my old car I am in the market for a stage 1 remap and was wondering if anyone could recommend any northeast (Durham) companies and anywhere down to Manchester really

Cheers

Dan :)

If it's Sedox steer clear. A friend of mine had his 1.6 Focus remapped there. He encountered a few problems. When he rang them, they said the guy who did the remap was poorly and they would ring back when he returned to work. They never did. He rang them at least 8 times over 2 months, they either never answered or used an excuse.

I'd go with Big Fish in Stokesley.

Yes thats the company. Vsport was bought by PD Tuning when Vsport went bust i believe. They changed from PD Tuning when they moved from Boldon to Sunderland. Sedox performance is a company like Revo and supply maps. Never had an issue or have heard of one until now in my 6 years of using them. Deisels and petrols. Why steer clear when one person has an issue? What issue did he have? I also know people that would recommend BFT in Stokesley.

Yes thats the company. Vsport was bought by PD Tuning when Vsport went bust i believe. They changed from PD Tuning when they moved from Boldon to Sunderland. Sedox performance is a company like Revo and supply maps. Never had an issue or have heard of one until now in my 6 years of using them. Deisels and petrols. Why steer clear when one person has an issue? What issue did he have? I also know people that would recommend BFT in Stokesley.

He had his DPF removed by them and then a re-map. He has had loss of power issues every couple of months, sometimes complete power loss.

When he rang Sedox the 1st time, they asked him to come back and they'd take a look. They checked his car and sent him on his way, stating that everything should be OK but he still continued having the same problems. When he rang them again, they said the guy that re-mapped his car was off sick and to ring back the following week. He rang back and they wouldn't answer their phone. He managed to get through a few weeks later and they said the guy was off sick again, saying that he was the only one that could sort it out.

Eventually, my friend gave up and settled with the situation because whenever he made contact with them, they fobbed him off.

Give John McGovern a call at Durham Diagnostics.

0843 5323913

Top man, rolling road all the kit but more importantly the know how. He has been tuning cars since the old Cossie days. Top man and he (ahem) used to do DPF deletion(cough cough).

When VSport were around there were multiple people with issues, myself included. The owner was banned from this site, probably 5 years ago too, which in itself says a lot. I'd stay clear and use a more reputable company further afield, Shark would be where I'd spend my money. 

Having said that my current car has a R-Tech map, both the engine and DSG from the previous owner and I have no issues.