Odometer miles out

As some of you will have seen I've been having problems with my mpg lately as it halved and I couldn't work out why.

This morning on the way to work I've noticed the odometer (one that counts how many miles Yav done ha) is under reading by a lot. My drive to work is 37 miles and 37 back, got to work and it's saying I've only done 23.5 miles and I set off with 5.1 miles already on there so it's saying I've done about 18.4 miles on my 37 mile journey? That's about half of what it's meant to be the same as the drop in MPG.

Has anyone ever had this problem before or know what can cause it because it's driving me insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like a speed sensor issue as speedo reading taken from left front wheel.

i wonder if bearing on way out and giving silly readings

vcds will show what speed in kmh car thinks its doing

Is the self locking still working above 5mph

• Like 1

Well got the car plugged into vagcom yesterday came up with a few fault codes the main one which I thought it was the MAF sensor. Also manifold pressure and manifold temperature sensor, gunna bang a maf sensor in and see how It goes from there.

Also got front right vehicle speed sensor or abs which will probably explain the mad mpg and low odometer reading. Hopefully get it all sorted tomorrow.

02867728110fc45789d1f288663f56ee.jpg

From what i understand the mpg is worked out from the fuel maps, i.e. drivers wish, smoke map and torque map and the odometer..

If there is a fault with the maf i would imagine its limiting the fuel by the smoke map and if the speed sensor is a bit off aswell it throws the whole calculation off.

Well I've got the car sorted, put a New MAF In it but it was still in limp mode so went and got a new MAP sensor and that's cured it running sweet as a nut now.

Just need to buy a front right and sensor then I'll have no lights on the dash for the first time in ages lol !

• Like 1