Which front drop link? Little confused.

Hi guys,

My mechanic mate diagnosed the knocking coming from the front is from a knackered front drop link. Have found these listed on eBay but not sure which my 04 mk1 vrs needs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTI-ROLL-BAR-ROD-STRUT-STABILISER-DROP-LINK-FRONT-LH-RH-6497-/151174881359?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AOctavia%7CCars+Year%3A2004%7CPlat_Gen%3A1U2%7CCars+Type%3ARS+1.8+T&hash=item2332b9a04f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Skoda-Octavia-1996-2009-Front-Anti-Roll-Bar-Stabiliser-Drop-Link-Rod-6556-7-/160951726621?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AOctavia%7CCars+Year%3A2004%7CPlat_Gen%3A1U2%7CCars+Type%3ARS+1.8+T&hash=item257978721d

Are these just metal and plastic versions of the same part? It's confusing as the plastic looks short and stubby and the metal version looks much longer.

Lastly are there any budget brands I should stay away from? cheers for all advice guys.

You need the second type as the first type attatch to the wishbone instead of the shock like the vrs does not sure on brands but a lot of people use lemforder

oh is that because the second type is impossible to get to? 

As Jimbling says - the vRS has different ARB drop links to all other Octys. Clear?

thanks buddy, English isn't my first language man, my eyes probably needs testing too. cheers

Sorry; I'd read the name which in my experience is an UK English saying, and the location "Loughborough", and presumed...