Variable Service indicator??

At what point do you get your first indication that your car is due a service when running on variable. I.e. does the indicator first display 7000 miles, 6000 miles etc etc.

I have just done 31k, 11k since last service, and am wondering how long till the next service.

JD

IIRC the countdown should begin 1000 miles before next service is due

I thought this was only on the fixed service.

I think my service indicator was set for variable but running on fixed oil when i bought the car. It had 15k oon it, and the service interval frequently appeared with readings of 5000 miles, 4000 miles etc etc (IIRC).

JD

Countdown is from 1000 when on variable or fixed. What differs is what is next to the countdown. With variable it always says service. On fixed it alternates between Service and Oil indicating the type of service due ( I think). I had my octy serviced twice, and each time it was countdown from 1000 on variable.

Manny is right, From your profile you have a 110 tdi, When it comes on depends on your type of driving & the journeys you do, our 110 with a lot of Motorway work is averaging around 28000 miles between services so yopu might have a while to go.

If its on fixed servicing it calls for it every 10000

Manny is right' date=' From your profile you have a 110 tdi, When it comes on depends on your type of driving & the journeys you do, our 110 with a lot of Motorway work is averaging around 28000 miles between services so yopu might have a while to go.

If its on fixed servicing it calls for it every 10000[/quote']

28,000 :eek: excellent. I would be chuffed to reach the late teens, quite a lot of short journeys at the moment.

JD