vRS Styling

I do love my mk3 vRS but the styling is a little plain. It's all to do with the fact it looks to tall in it's stance, and that wouldnt be cured by lowering the ride height. I think it is to do with the angles in the body work, if you look at an A5 it looks fat and planted.

The LED DRL's don't help, they are completely flat and lack any angle which gives the car a stance position. No style to them just a flat strip. That's why my project starts this weekend to retro fit genuine OEM Mercedes C Class / E class LEDs DRL's into the existing fog Iight housings. I will be starting a new thread on this when it's done, not that I expect anyone else to do it but it's different and by the time it's done it will not only look factory but like that's how it should have been :-)

Like these with 4 LEDs behind a diffuser lens to give a nice thick block of light not lots of dots. Plus they are more 'white' than any aftermarket ones which normally drift towards bluey

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/11q1/381272/2012-mercedes-benz-slk350-led-fog-light-photo-389851-s-986x603.jpg

Edited by xpower

I agree with the OP. Too non descript, too much CBA (can't be bothered) from Skoda - left hand/right hand drive poor conversion, poor interior and then there's the price. Currently looking at the new Superb with much more interest....

I must be missing something, all 3 mks had same treatment. Ur very little change to normal

Exactly right. The mk2 looks good at the front but the rest of the look is achieved with nice alloys and twin exhausts.

I get my mk3 on Sunday so I'll reserve full judgement until then but I think the mk3 vrs looks pretty smart. The 19" extreme alloys do help set it off though, I was never hooked on the standard alloys for some reason.

The LED DRL's don't help, they are completely flat and lack any angle which gives the car a stance position. No style to them just a flat strip.

I guess that's the good thing about everyone having opinions.

I personally really like the mk3 DRLs. Everyone is getting more and more complicated with their DRL, yet Skoda has a nice simple.

• Like 2