Non canbus fog lights

gargi

Hi guys.I have got a 2006 vrs and i was wondering what if i put non canbus h1 bulbs on fog lights with the cold bulb diagnosis box untick on vcds.Is it safe am i going to have any problem with my electiks?I have already bought them so i think to put them on.

What do you mean by non canbus H1 bulbs?

Are you trying to fit LED bulbs or a HID kit in place of standard halogen bulbs?

Sorry for that.Yes i want to install led bulbs!

The only likely problem is a blown bulb warning as there are both cold and warm bulb diagnostics that take place.

If you do get the warning, you can either try:

- a canbus friendly kit

- fitting resistors to make the load look more like a halogen bulb

- leaving the original bulb fitted as well as the LED bulb <- I suspect a h1 will create too much light to hide

I don't think VCDS is able to disable the warm diagnostics but you should have a look and see if you can find it.

The only likely problem is a blown bulb warning as there are both cold and warm bulb diagnostics that take place.

If you do get the warning, you can either try:

- a canbus friendly kit

- fitting resistors to make the load look more like a halogen bulb

- leaving the original bulb fitted as well as the LED bulb <- I suspect a h1 will create too much light to hide

I don't think VCDS is able to disable the warm diagnostics but you should have a look and see if you can find it.

Hi mate.Thank you for your answer.What do you mean by warm diagnostics?

Edited by gargi

The car will check the bulbs are 'ok' in more than one way.

It does cold diagnostics when the bulbs are off. If an led bulb has been fitted this is often seen as it flashing three times or so when you turn the car on.

It also does warm diagnostics, which I believe this is done by monitoring the current draw whilst the bulb is on. As all H1 bulbs will be pretty similar the car can easily spot an led bulb has been fitted and will assume the bulb is bad giving the blown bulb warning.