Dyno results, disappointing and confusing, any ideas?

I agree a boost log would be the next stage.

Hopefully I'll get chance tomorrow for fuel, boost and maf log. What block code is it for maf and boost?

Will say though car is running better, and I made 39.5mpg over mountain passes, a roads and country lanes across Wales on a 60 mile run, so fuel delivery seems Ok. I'm not ruling it out though and will check it. I now have an appropriate clip for the vacuum hose so I'll be able to open throttle with more confidence when I stick it on.

Group 2 = MAF / injection time

Group 3 = MAF / timing

Group 4 = intake temp

Group 115 = boost

Group 31 = lambda but you will need to log another group also to get rpm

I would log each group seperate so you get the best sample rate. Use 3rd gear from 2000 rpm to redline.

Group 2 = MAF / injection time

Group 3 = MAF / timing

Group 4 = intake temp

Group 115 = boost

Group 31 = lambda but you will need to log another group also to get rpm

I would log each group seperate so you get the best sample rate. Use 3rd gear from 2000 rpm to redline.

Cheers John yeah I read that, shall I also use 120 and get a torque reading and extract the HP, would be handy? Do I do that with 31?

Cool I'll get them into a .txt file for excel? Happy to send stuff over for your research as payment for advice lol. Seriously though cheers for your (and others) help so far.

Just had a read through and couldn't see any mention of what exhaust you're running? If it can't breath properly, you'll never get the figures you want.

A while ago, on my old Octavia, I got it upto 196bhp with just bolt on bits, cold air intake, 007P, FMIC, silicone hoses, sports cat and blueflame cat back. Once all that was on there, I then had it mapped and it made 226bhp and 251ftlb torque.

• Like 1

It's standard exhaust but even so I would have thought it would still make more than that.  I read on another forum somewhere that for stage 1 this cat and exhaust doesn't flow too bad...A sports cat has been on my list for a while but maintenance costs keep popping up.

Near Lampeter, Ceredigion, problem is I'm skint til payday. My mechanic mate may be able to help but its really hard to get any time out of him at the moment.

Arr ok lampeter is 4 hours away from me. Was just thinking if you were north wales and close to england i could of logged for you

Arr ok lampeter is 4 hours away from me. Was just thinking if you were north wales and close to england i could of logged for you

Cheers mate appreciate the thought. Think I may have sorted it now, will hopefully get chance to try again in the morning.

OK so, got some logging done, the fuel one doesn't make too much sense to me lol, hopefully we can make sense of the numbers.  Looks like there may be a slight tail off from 4,800 rpm, more of a kind of levelling out, I don't know really.  Anyway, on the upside, if I've done the calculation right it made 205 bhp and 247 lbs ft, a big improvement on the dyno reading, just hope I've done it right.  As I said it did seem to be driving better with a known working MAF (despite it being a pattern part) and with the OEM DV back on.  I have a fuel filter which hopefully I'll get to put on this weekend.  So if I was right, looks like we're moving in the right direction.  Maybe something fuel related may just be the icing on he cake, see how the numbers are. 

First one I've looked at which I've put into graphs.

MAF readings and injection time which I've converted into duty cycle. Going of the good old MAF / 0.8 = estimated power it would work out around the 210bhp mark. Going off that the MAF readings look ok. Logs only go to 5800rpm.

post-953-0-76084500-1426336099_thumb.jpg

That's great, cheers John. Yes I think on one run I had to lift a little early, thought it may have got 6,000 but on that occasion I wasn't watching the rev counter too much.

So power and MAF looks ok? How was the boost, was it making what was requested? I couldn't make much sense of those numbers.

Boost. Comes on at 3000 rpm and looks smooth to 5200 where it then starts dropping below specified. Guessing this is the actuator not able to keep the boost. So past 5200 power will start to drop. Would be good if you could do a log to the redline but not always ideal.

post-953-0-66689600-1426351211_thumb.jpg