How are residuals standing up, on the Octavia mk3 vRS hatch or estate.

Stick your vehicle reg in any of those car buying websites it do'snt make for happy viewing. My 15 month old VRS is going at the end of the month as a p.x been given a figure of around 15k, which is more than a grand better than said car buying site as a member of Her Majesty's Forces serving over seas thank god I purchased it tax free as that has softened the blow considerably.

• Like 1

Sorry Matty, I thought you Forces guys had 12 month old guaranteed buy-back schemes or is that only certain brokers ?

The old buy back scheme has a maximum mileage of 13,000. In all the years of being in Germany I have never managed to get anywhere near that kind of super low mileage, what with having kids at school in the UK plus all the places you can visit from being in Germany I zoom past 13k at around 10 months of owning a car.

The O3 VRS WAS a rare car when I got mine 15 months ago but every one seems to have bought a VRS over the last year or so. Some of my colleagues are getting some very nice figures for when they change next month £18k or so but these guys have managed to keep their mileage low.

The new favourite cars, vat free with military discount this year are going to be the new Disco sport, Ford Mustang and Jag XE which looks a lovely motor starting at 19k!!!. I asked my colleagues why not stick to Skoda a get a new VRS the unanimous statement " I can get a better car for not much more cash". Me I'm sticking with Skoda and getting a Berp estate much better for the long drives back and forth to the UK.

• Like 1

Two cheapest on Skoda UK used website at selling price ,so dealer, if PX'd got them for approx £2k less.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604800701

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604867187

Both cars approx 1 year old.Slightly higher than average mileage,excluding spec level.

Edited by vrskeith

I'm amazed at how many people see so many O3's let alone vRSs. 

In the 19 months I've had mine, I can count the number of O3's I've seen on 2 hands and the number of vRSs on one. I guess it depends on where you live.

• Like 1