Hello from a new member in Ireland

SherpaBigfoot

Good Afternoon All,

Just a very brief note to say I am the new and very happy owner of a Yeti 2.0 Tdi 140hp Dsg Sherpa Outdoor and figured I'd join the crew here!

My new bus is Black Magic Pearl on the black 17" Matterhorn Rims. Threw a few toys on for good measure:

Bi-Xenon headlamps with rotary modules, dynamic and angle adjustment & integrated telescopic head lamp washers,

Light Assistant (Coming Home, Leaving Home, Tunnel Light),

Electrically adjustable auto-dimming heated external mirrors and Boarding Spots – entry area illumination

Amundsen+ Navigation system

Driver and front passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

Heated front seats

I also currently own a CL500 & Range Rover HSE(previous-gen, 2004 reg) and have always had Mercs before that. This is my first venture into the realms of Skoda and I am very impressed.

Really here to learn about the car, contribute what I can and perhaps ask a few questions!

I am a massive car lover, am happily married and my wife and I live in Dublin Ireland with our doggie!  

Hope that's acceptable by way of an introduction.

Looking forward to learning from and speaking with you all.

Cheers,

SB

• Like 1

Welcome to Briskoda from another new Yeti owner. :)

Cheer Mate thanks!

Congratulations on your new

Just curious - I see you have "Flappy paddle steering wheel pending"... Is that easily retro-fit? Perhaps there's another forum we can discuss this in if the welcome form isn't the right place!

Fitting is relatively straightforward. The problem is identifying and sourcing a suitable flappy paddle steering wheel with the same switches as the existing steering wheel and the same airbag too to keep costs down. I don't want a steering wheel with a vRS badge like one member opted for and I would like the wheel to match the existing one.

• Like 1

Fitting is relatively straightforward. The problem is identifying and sourcing a suitable flappy paddle steering wheel with the same switches as the existing steering wheel and the same airbag too to keep costs down. I don't want a steering wheel with a vRS badge like one member opted for and I would like the wheel to match the existing one.

Makes sense! Have you had any luck so far? Is the required wiring already there due to the fact we have DSG models?

No luck so far. A new loom is required from the steering wheel to the existing wiring to cater for the paddles in addition to whatever controls you already have on the steering wheel."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...