One Year Report

After almost twelve months of ownership I decided to do a mini report.

SPEC: Octavia VRS TSI Estate white, Black pack and rear tints.

I have just done the first 10K miles service and the engine used no oil from new, I was checking it manually once a week. No faults were reported or found. It will need new tyres on the front shortly, and I’ll stick with the Bridgestone’s as fitted as they are good all rounder’s.

M.P.G for the clock watchers…well if you drive like a granny you can easily achieve 44+ m.p.g, but where’s the fun in that.

On the road the TSI engine goes like stink, and you can leave most other drivers feeling like they are in reverse as you pull away out of sight. Yes, an estate that accelerates that fast does leave them wondering. Get her rolling in second and red line it all the way through the gears and you’ll know what I mean!

Handling though is not its strong point, under hard acceleration you can get Tramping and it rolls a fair bit in the corners. The standard Brake’s on the car are adequate, however, I had four –pot Brembo callipers in my 159 Ti and the braking was much better and the pedal travel a lot less.

On the road it’s an excellent mile muncher, I found even after a long stint behind the wheel I was still feeling fresh. The boot can swallow a fair bit even without the seats down; with them down you can practically lug most large items with ease. I love the little things like been able to change the lights for driving in Europe...lots of "Well, they have thought about everything" moments even after a year.

Would I buy another…well yes, and it would be another TSI. I drove diesels for years and will never go back. If I was going to keep her I would definitely sort the handling and brake’s, and maybe add a few extra BHP with Bluefin etc. We’ll see how it goes.

That’s about it…

• Like 4