Remapped...

abo

Got remapped the other day. Torque Pro is showing 141.1bhp at the wheels with the vehicle profile set up as per the book specs, and a 0-60 time of 8.2 seconds on a flat road. I'll have to get it rolling roaded at some point.

Driving to London in half an hour, it'll be interesting to see what it has done for the fuel economy, I normally get around 56mpg on that run.

53mpg there and back, I got 53mpg with four people and a fridge in the boot last time I did that trip lol. This week was windy as hell though. Am I kidding myself that crosswinds can affect mpg that much?

I've had 5 cars remapped and was sad enough to track all mpg's on an excel chart before and after.

4/5 of them there was no difference to economy whatsoever - you could not tell from the graph when the remap happened (even though I used the extra acceleration).

On 1 car there was a 2mpg increase but it was a Freelander 2.0TD4 which is underpowered to start with.

Remap or standard there is no difference in fuel being consumed at a steady state throttle (i.e. motorway at 70mph).  Only difference is faster acceleration or more torque allows less gear changes and/or getting to a steady state throttle sooner hence saving fuel.

As long as the economy doesn't go down much I'm a happy man. I managed 54mpg to York and back yesterday, which included some queuing traffic in York centre. That'll do for me, it would have been 35mpg in my last car (Alfa 156 2.0 petrol).

As long as the economy doesn't go down much I'm a happy man. I managed 54mpg to York and back yesterday, which included some queuing traffic in York centre. That'll do for me, it would have been 35mpg in my last car (Alfa 156 2.0 petrol).

That's the thing, mpg doesn't go down but power has gone up, so it enables a more efficient way of driving. You tend to notice an improvement as you need less throttle for momentum, so yes I guess you can call it an mpg improvement when you consider the car is running at a higher output. Glad it's worked out for you and you're pleased with the results.

• Like 1