Finally fitted my vRS estate bumper protector

Just thinking this maybe of interest to anyone thinking about a protector and also following up on the thread about the Scout bumper protector - as the standard Skoda one isn't listed for the vRS or the Scout (Part numbers is silver is 5E9064711B and black 5E9064711).

I ordered the black one for the vRS despite of this, but knowing others had, had these installed by the dealers. 

It seems the reason they aren't listed for the Scout or vRS, is that the bumpers are deeper on these - and thus the protector doesn't cover the whole flat area (the template for installing demonstrates this).

CAFD637C-7825-4D96-B5FB-EFA1FA1065A5.jpg

I'm happy with the look but an aftermarket item is probably better suited to those with dogs etc that may scratch the corner edge of the bumper.

43221326-5594-4512-990C-04E62E495C4B.jpg

291F52C2-FA75-4760-A4AB-B5AE17195B89.jpg

• Like 3

Just thinking this maybe of interest to anyone thinking about a protector and also following up on the thread about the Scout bumper protector - as the standard Skoda one isn't listed for the vRS or the Scout (Part numbers is silver is 5E9064711B and black 5E9064711).

I ordered the black one for the vRS despite of this, but knowing others had, had these installed by the dealers. 

It seems the reason they aren't listed for the Scout or vRS, is that the bumpers are deeper on these - and thus the protector doesn't cover the whole flat area (the template for installing demonstrates this).

CAFD637C-7825-4D96-B5FB-EFA1FA1065A5.jpg

I'm happy with the look but an aftermarket item is probably better suited to those with dogs etc that may scratch the corner edge of the bumper.

43221326-5594-4512-990C-04E62E495C4B.jpg

291F52C2-FA75-4760-A4AB-B5AE17195B89.jpg

Yep,and the corner edge is often where the paint is thinnest and most susceptable.Still........looks good on your car though.

Edited by faradaycage

Had the same one on mine from new (15 months, 12.5k and plenty of dog walks)

The shiny black now has a number of light scratches in it but the car paintwork remains unharmed. :)

In hindsight, I reckon the silver finish might have been a bit more durable...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is anyone any closer to finding a protector with full coverage for the Mk3 Scout?

Jono, just reminded me I had the templates for a 'normal' octavia bumper - as above you can see they are about 20mm to narrow for the vrs, the scout bumper is about 10mm narrower (as worked out on the other post) but I've just checked the templates on the scout and the template is 10mm shorter than this. I.e.

Normal bumper must be around 100mm deep at the ends, scout bumper is 110mm deep, and vrs around 120mm deep - the curve profile at boot side and back edge looks the same.

I dont know what the Bootlid side of the rgm ones look like I.e. If they go up over the little stepped bit and under the rubber as this is where the issue would be. If the don't, then it would just sit a bit short but under the tailgate lid but e rear edge would be protected.

Ironically having said all that, looks like rgm do them now for the scout http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP826&sid=874436487mz5yj55580y65d29886oi2i

Any news on yours and dvla (autocorrect tried changing dvla to delay when I typed that!)

Ah, splendid, thanks for the linkie.

DVLA issues now resolved, whuch means salesman gets his own car back and everyone is happy.

Very pleased with their service so far. Had a call from SUK too and closed off my not-complaint.

Is it the same part for the VRS hatch or not does any one know?

No, well not the rgm one at least - they do one for the hatch which is apparently ok for the vrs also

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well my carbon hatch protector arrived today, at first I wasn't sure if I should have gone carbon style but after fitting & combined with the metal grey I'm actually really pleased! Good quality unit, fits well and easy to fit...

My job involves a lot of loading unloading so hopefully this should do the job to protect it!

DDCF447E-FFFF-4A59-BC24-DFA6FFA4D7F1_zps

F75D3794-3934-4119-A9C8-97CD53CD7BFD_zps

A2F9CA25-34CF-4544-84D4-86434EC896E2_zps

• Like 2