Revo Stg1 on 2.0T TSI - lots of clutch slipping

Hey folks,

My 2012 TSI octavia vrs has a stg1 map installed last week, and in any performance mode (A, B or C) I'm getting a fair bit of clutch-slip. (No other mods at all)

If I use anything over about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle in 3-6th gear, I can easily get the clutch to slip, so think I need to replace it.

My car has 9k miles on the clock, so quite shocked that the clutch is so weak.

With the DMF etc all being ok (fingers crossed) I don't intend to change this.

Has anyone else had a stock clutch with limited mileage slip after a stage 1 map?

Reading on here is seems that only Sachs clutches are worth buying (although a few mentions of Helix) - but I really don't want a heavy pedal as its my main commuting car which is a lot of A roads and stop/start driving.

Is fitting another OEM clutch even an option? What are they normally rated to?

Thanks

Pretty much identical to my issues with the Revo stage 1 map at under 10,000 miles in my VRS Tfsi. It isn't drivetrain friendly IMO (I'm convinced Sharks software is quicker on the road). According to a rather knowledgeable source, its due to the way they deal with the ECU torque limit protection - they effectively turn it off to gain higher, more marketable figures.

I had to do a new clutch but an uprated one. With hindsight I should of actually gone for different software. Car got taken to Revo stage 2+ and the uprated Sach clutch was fine but IMO stage 1 software should be designed to work with the factory clutch setup - especially if its a relatively young at 7,000 miles!

I know what you mean, but clearly not everyone needs a new clutch with revo, so looks like we are some of the unlucky few. (Annoyingly I seem to be getting my fair bit of bad luck with cars lately)

Is the new clutch a big difference to OEM feel? I don't want to walk around with a Huge left thigh and calf, if you get my drift... Lol

I assume it's gonna be close to £1k for the new clutch then, which isn't something I can really afford at the moment. I may have to just turn the remap off until I can afford to replace it.

Thanks bud,

£600 is a much better price, was that fitted or just for parts?

pretty sure it was + labour but I was having a few things done at once so can't be sure, sorry.