VRS CR MPG

Was up the north of Scotland for a couple of days. A few traffic jams etc on the way up the A9 but a nice easy cruise on a relatively quiet drive home. Managed a steady 60mph and 70mph on A9 due to average speed cameras. Checked mpg with brim to brim calculation and got an average of 52.4mpg. That's the best its ever done. The car just keeps impressing me.

Edited by FatblokeVRS
  • Like 1

Maxidot is not accurate, I had mine up to 60.2mpg. That's why I calculated it and the actual average over the fill was 52.4mpg.

I managed 61.7 from Fareham to Cheltenham last year. I was that impressed, I took a picture of the maxidot! Steady 65-70 M4 and A419

I regularly used to drive the route from Stroud (not far from Cheltenham) to Stubbington (not far from Fareham) using A419, M4, A34; a total of 103 miles each way.  Driving as close to the speed limits as possible my usual mpg was around 52 after correcting for the 5% optimistic error in my Maxidot reading.

Ah. Ok. I have done a check against the maxidot and it was thereabouts but I'll do it again next time I have a longish run. Even so, for 205BHP (Shark remap) car, well over 50 mpg is great.

• Like 1

So far I've done essex to Midlands (Sutton coldfield) a bit of running round whilst I was up there, the. Down to brighton for a drive in movie, then back to essex 535 miles still got 75 miles in range, quite happy with that, mostly motorways average spend 80/85 mph.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my best ever result today. Despite getting caught in traffic jams coming out of Basingstoke (was going from Reading to the New Forest), I got an indicated 58.2MPG from my VRS. Granted I was in no rush at all and was behind lorries for part of that, but for a remapped VRS (CR, DSG) with 200+bhp, it's one heck of a result.

It's nice to know you can settle down like this and get great fuel economy, then flap the flappy paddles and have genuine hot-hatch performance on tap when you fancy it :)

mine has averaged just 42-43mpg, according to fuelly, over the last 4 fills. Was remapped 3000 miles ago.

The fuel consumption was around 46mpg beforehand.

Interesting that mpg apoears a bit worse than on a PD170. I regularly get 57 on a run on the Maxidot and got 65 once before taking it to Shark - that resulted in a small drop in fuel economy.