System interfierence. Which?

This happened twice in last 3 months.

Situation: setting off fast from 0 km/h. First I push pedal ~80% while in first gear and as soon it shifts to 2nd at the same time I push it to the ground. Normally everything is ok and good acceleration is achieved. But two times it happened that in 2nd gear revs are limited at 3k rpm. Feels like some system takes over. TSC? Yes it was wet, but I do not feel wheel spin in similar situations. Its AWD after all. Torque limiter for DSG?

Any ideas?

TSC was on, DSG in Drive, oil temp 94C.

Not sure if TSC or any of the other 'electrickery' you have but it certainly sounds as though the 'car' is calling the shots on the transference of power from when you mash your foot down and what all the electronic controls then decide is 'best'.

I suppose turning everything off and slowly introducing each back in one by one (as you do your acceleration run) might help.

I'd be interested to see what responses you get on this as I'd like to know too....similar setup (DSG etc.).

Dave

Limited to 3k revs sounds like the DSG launch control is active, which I think limits the revs to 3k until full drive is available.

Google DSG launch control, there is quite a bit of info on it including videos and a few mentions of it on Briskoda, it might be in the handbook.

• Like 1

If the traction control detected a potentail wheelspin it will have go involved, this is the most likely btw,

CNC's reason could be true as well but I always thought LC was from stand still and would only effect 1st gear,

However you could have a sooty turbo which the ecu can't decide whether to go into limp mode or not yet, best way to avoid this one is to do some laboured accelerations in the dry, i.e work the turbo and hopefully get the soot off the veins or before long you'll be getting limp mode and a flashing light on the dash, hth.

Edited by Supurbia
  • Like 1

Not sure if TSC or any of the other 'electrickery' you have but it certainly sounds as though the 'car' is calling the shots on the transference of power from when you mash your foot down and what all the electronic controls then decide is 'best'.

I suppose turning everything off and slowly introducing each back in one by one (as you do your acceleration run) might help.

I'd be interested to see what responses you get on this as I'd like to know too....similar setup (DSG etc.).

Dave

TSC is the only system I can disable, at least legally :) I will check how it affected the situation. However some time ago when doing acceleration runs on snow - there were no major power cut when doing it with TSC on. But I have to admit that it is not the same as yesterday on wet surface, because on snow wheel spit starts from 1st gear, but yesterday it might provoked it only from second. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It happened again, this time in a really dangerous situation - wanted to overtake, downhill.

Pressed the pedal quickly and full cut of power happened. Released the pedal, pressed once again slowly - everything back to normal. I was lucky that no car was approaching. Road conditions - dry.

Not so sure. Car is 1.5 year old with 37kkm on the clock. Serviced according dealer schedule every 15t km. By the way - first time this happened at 30t km or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Story goes on.

Car was inspected by the dealers, no faults recorded in car memory. They said that they will check with Skoda HQ and will come back within a week. Three weeks passed, no info from them...

However I am not expecting any significant news - it is rather difficult to diagnose the problem which appears so rarely and is not recorded as fault in cars computer.

Btw it appeared today again. Same story as before - after 10 min of aggresive driving some system is cutting of the power at the moment of kick down. Revs stuck at 3k rpm, no gear change, no power. This time I even managed to provoke it several times in a row. Maybe DSG overheated (but manual says the warning shoud come on)?

Well, probably I will be driving as it is until it stops or lease period ends :-)