Irish Owners.

Hi Guys,

I'm a long time member here but mainly a lurker and enjoy the threads etc.

Question for the Irish guys here. I've a 141 vRS Diesel. One of the1st saloons in Ireland. I Change my car every 18 months or so and I'm wondering how difficult it may be to sell my car privately? Are people here buying second hand for high money? I'm going to change in 152 (july).

Here's a link to the pics of my car.

Should I just take the hit and trade it?

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/damowhitetiger/media/F90E374E-9D1C-40E6-BB15-27EC4B2FF3BB_zpsnvwqrx35.jpg.html

Thanks for any feedback

I suppose it depends on what you are trading in against but I think it is safe to say that you will not be happy with the valuation any garage give you on your RS (by the way, it's a cracker!!)

The problem with buying any top-spec / high performance version of vehicles is that they seem to suffer the most from depreciation in the first 12/24 months. 

What you need to remember is that the garage must also find someone who loves your car as much as you and pay the premium of the high spec.

Or, I may be completely wrong and you may be pleasantly surprised at it's value at the moment....

Best of luck whatever you do pal.

I ordered a 2l 150bhp Elegance back in January, car is on train heading for Emden as I type. Was very tempted by a vRS but the salesman told me if I came back in 3 years to change it a vRS would only be worth €1k more than the Elegance even though there was €5k difference in the price new. Decided I couldn't live with the extra depreciation of the vRS! The salesman basically talked me out of the vRS which I could've driven away the next day and into a two and a half month wait for an Elegance. There doesn't seem to be the same demand here for vRs's as in the UK, there is a brand new black vRS Combi sitting in a Skoda dealership in Galway for the last 3 months that hasn't shifted..

Thanks for the input lads. That same garage in Galway (it's my dealer) did sell 2 saloons recently, a red and a black, when I serviced it last week I was enq about the value. He said that retail it's worth about €29,950 but to expect approx €28k on a trade in. I'm looking at moving to a MK7 GTI so to help with the cost of change I'd like to buy it straight to get the discount. I'd need €28k for mine.

I'll wait until end of May and advertise it. If it sells it sells.

Best of luck with your new Octavia by the way. This is my 3rd vRS and I have never had an issue with the Octavia!